Your teeth do not grow back once they’re gone. And, the things that you do now can very well affect them later. If you don’t take care of your teeth, you might very well find the need to remove them due to cavities, gum disease, and other problems. If you want to build a lasting smile for a lifetime, there’s many simple ways to create that great smile. Five tips are below.
1. Brush & Floss: Brush and floss the teeth twice per day, every day. This is not optional and only when you brush do you get fresh breath and the pearly whites that you want.
2. Schedule Dental Visits: you should make your way to the dentist once per year, according to the American Dental Association (ADA) guidelines. The dental visit inspects the mouth and cleans the teeth, both of which protect them for a long time to come.
3. Schedule a Teeth Whitening Service: Teeth whitening is much different than a tooth cleaning service. Schedule teeth whitening columbia md with the cosmetic dentist and remove dirt, plaque, and other grime from the teeth revealing teeth that are 10 shades whiter.
4. Watch What You Eat: Sugary foods and carbohydrates should not be a big part of your diet. They offer no nutritional value and also rot the teeth! Eat healthy fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats and poultry to protect the teeth.
5. Avoid the Bad Stuff: Smoking wears down the tooth’s enamel and it doesn’t grow back. It also stains the teeth. Alcohol and drugs can also wear down the teeth. It’s best to leave the bad stuff alone so you don’t have the worries on your mind.
Keep the tips here in mind to protect your teeth and that gorgeous smile for a long time to come.